Jonathan Kimble Simmons is best known for his role in the Spider-Man movies as J. Jonah Jameson. What many people don’t know about Simmons, however, is that he is also a fitness enthusiast.
Simmons recently surprised the world with his astounding transformation for the role of Commissioner Gordon in the DC Comics Justice League film. Everyone has applauded him for his current athletic performance and commitment to fitness.
It is unbelievable and rare to see men in their 60s getting ripped, but JK Simmons has set the bar high for fitness freaks of all ages. His commitment to a healthy lifestyle serves as an example for all of us.
Simmons not only trains but also maintains a balanced diet and gets enough sleep. He is proof that it’s never too late to start living a healthy lifestyle.
This article will detail the actor’s exercise schedule and offer advice on how you might achieve similar results. If you’re serious about getting in shape, then you need to start following a program like the one outlined below.
JK Simmons’ Life Story
J.K. Simmons is an American actor and voice artist. Simmons began his career in theater, appearing in various productions while attending the University of Montana. His first movie was “The Legend of Billie Jean,” a cult favorite from 1986.
He has since appeared in a variety of films, including “Juno,” “Spider-Man,” “Burn After Reading,” and “Up in the Air.” In 2014, he starred in the critically acclaimed film “Whiplash,” for which he won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. For this role, he also garnered a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild award. Check out JK Simmons’ List of movies and plays!
Simmons first got into fitness when he was in college. He was always active as a child, but it wasn’t until he was an adult that he realized the importance of staying in shape.
JK started working out regularly after college, and he eventually got certified as a personal trainer. He has since worked with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, helping them to get in shape for their roles.
Simmons is now in his early 60s, but he still looks amazing. His youthful appearance is attributed to his healthy lifestyle and daily exercise program. Former Marine Aaron Williamson is Jonathan Simmons personal trainer. Simmons exercises 2 to 3 times a week, concentrating on cardio, stretching, and weight training. He also stays active outside of the gym by playing tennis and basketball.
JK is an inspiration to many because of his dedication to his health and fitness. He proves that it is never too late to start living a healthier life. It just takes some discipline and hard work.
JK Simmons workout routine is intense, but it has clearly paid off. He looks amazing for his age, and he is an inspiration to those who are looking to get in shape.
JK Simmons Stats
- Birth Date: January 9, 1955
- Birth Place: Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
- Occupation: Stage actor, film actor, voice artist
- Age: 67 years
- Height: 5.83 ft (1.78 m)
- Weight: 79 kg (174.16 lbs)
- Chest: 40’’ (101.6 cm)
- Biceps: 14’’ (35.56 cm)
- Waist: 32’’ (81.28 cm)
Simmons’ Workout Principle
JK Simmons’ workout philosophy focuses on boosting muscle mass and shredding fat faster. Simmons and his trainer follow a regimen centered on CBVT (Cumulative Blood Volume Training) exercises.
Amino acids, glucose, creatine, minerals, electrolytes, and anabolic hormones are only some of the cellular components found in the blood. The goal of CBV training is to increase total blood volume during exercise, which in turn increases muscle mass. Simmons trains by strictly following his workout principle.
Simmons abides by the eight training rules listed below:
- Training with dumbbells on one side can help relieve stress on the joints.
- To avoid getting hurt, it’s best to do isolation exercises instead of complex ones.
- Three workouts a week give his muscles plenty of time to heal.
- Do cardio before lifting weights to keep fat from building up.
- For muscle conditioning, do more reps with less weight.
- For muscle hypertrophy, use supersets and giant sets.
- Work a muscle tissue from different angles to make sure it grows in all ways.
JK Simmon Workout Routine
J.K. Simmons has trained tirelessly to get into the shape he is in now. JK Simmons’ workout is a mix of different exercises that are meant to make his muscles stronger and bigger.
Simmons hits cardio (treadmill workout) and lifts weights to stay in shape. Cardio and functional training helps him keep the metabolic rate high, speed up his heart rate, and make his workouts more effective.
Simmons credits his unbelievable transformation to his trainer and his amazing workout routine. He goes to the gym with his trainer, Aaron, Williamson, two or three times a week.
The actor sticks to a regimen that includes working out each major muscle group on separate days. JK’s personal trainer Williamson created 2 types of workout plans for him. The training plans are:
Workout 1: Back, Chest, and Abs
Workout 2: Abs and Arms
He does both of these workouts at the gym two or three times a week. Read on to learn more about the 2 different workout routines of JK Simmons that you can attempt if you want to get in shape like him.
JK Simmons’ Workout Plan I
The first day of JK Simmons workout routine focuses on the upper body as well as the abs. There’s nothing new about the fact that each exercise has a fixed number of sets and repetitions.
Simmons, on the other hand, does a lot of supersets when he works out. To really push yourself, you should do these with as little rest as possible. Aim for no more than 45 seconds of downtime after each set.
Before you do the exercise, you also need to warm up. Try doing:
- Some dynamic exercises for stretching
- At least 5 to 10 minutes of elliptical exercise or treadmill workout
When you’re done warming up, you’re all set to hit the gym. For the first JK Simmons workout routine, here are the pieces of training you can do:
- Machine Chest Press: 4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 x sets (8-10 reps)
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns/Hammer Grip Pulldowns: 3-4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Supermans: 4 x sets (8-10 reps)
- Hammer Row: 3-4 x sets, 10-12 reps)
- Crunches: 4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Abdominal Machine Crunch: 3 x sets (12-15 reps)
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 x sets (15-20 reps)
- Lying Side Oblique Crunches: 5 x reps (each side)
One thing to note about JK Simmons’ workout routine is that intensity is important. This means going fast, but Simmons’ trainer also encourages really slow negatives.
So, squeeze at the top of a movement, hold it, and let yourself have a slow negative to really make a mind-muscle connection.
JK Simmons’ Workout Plan II
On the second day of JK Simmons’ workout routine, he works on his arms and abs. This doesn’t come as much of a surprise when you think about how Simmons’ biceps are probably the part of his body that stands out the most.
All of the workouts in this training session should be done quickly, just like on the first workout day. JK Simmons adds supersets in Workout II as well, which are similar to the first exercise routine.
You should rest for about 45 seconds between each set. You must also warm up with a dynamic stretching regimen and a workout on the treadmill or elliptical, just like you did before the first workout.
Day 2 of JK Simmons Workout routine includes the following:
- Standing Cable Curls: 3 x sets (12-15 reps)
- Standing Dumbbell Curls with Arm Blaster/Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 4 sets (12-15 reps)
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Overhead Rope tricep Extensions: 4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks: 4 x sets (10-12 reps)
- Rope Cable Tricep Pressdowns: 4 x sets (12-15 reps)
- Forearm Plank: 30 x seconds (3-4 reps)
- Plank Jacks: 30 x seconds (3-4 reps)
- Plank Pushup: 30 x seconds (3-4 reps)
- Side Planks: 30 x seconds (3-4 reps)
Overhead Rope tricep Extensions and Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks are key exercises for building your triceps. On the contrary, a Plank pushup, forearm plank, and Plank Jacks are essential exercises for your core. Finally, HIIT cardio and weight management training are crucial for overall fitness.
JK Simmons Workout Tips and Tricks
- Strictly follow your workout routine.
- Take enough time to rest between each circuit. Resting makes sure you don’t hurt your muscles and gives them a chance to heal.
- Perform each exercise for the specified number of reps.
- Workout should be performed in the form of superset exercises with little to no rest during the reps. Between the normal sets, take a 45-second break.
- For the Standing Dumbbell Curls, after 3 sets, use a weight that is 5 lbs lighter and do the exercise until AMRAP (i.e., failure). Then, lower the weight by an additional 5 lbs and do the exercise until AMRAP again. Continue doing so until you are out of weight (drop set).
- For the cord cable tricep pressdowns followed by overhead cord tricep extensions, do a triple drop set in the last set.
- Reduce the weight by 20 percent and keep repeating it until you are unable to complete another rep.
- Lower the weight by 20% again and keep repeating it until you can’t complete another rep.
- Finally, lower the weight again by 20% and finish the set until failure.
JK Simmon Diet – What Does He Eat?
To begin with, Simmons is extremely mindful of his diet. He has a diet rich in clean proteins and unsaturated fats — perfect for his workout routines.
Additionally, he makes an effort to consume sufficient amounts of vegetables. ‘At 67 years old, I’m making the young people envy,’ Simmons sarcastically declares of his physique.
In that sense, he has served as a competitor for today’s youth. The actor makes sure he follows the recommendations of his trainers and eats healthily to complement his workout routine.
J.K. Simmons’ dietary doctrines include:
- For the best metabolic rate, eat every 3 hours.
- Follow a diet low in carbs (< 50 grams/day).
- Eat lots of protein (6 meals per day with 20-30 grams/meal).
Foods to Eat
The American actor ensures that his diet chart includes only the best foods. To make sure of this, he has recruited trainers to make meal plans for him that include all the important and healthy foods he needs.
We did a lot of research to find out the variety of foods that he has to eat every day. Here is a list of the food items Simmons prefers to eat:
- Lean protein
- Chicken breast
- Green leaves
- Low-carb vegetables
- Plenty of water
- Dark chocolate
Foods to Avoid
Following an effective meal plan is a difficult journey. It’s possible that you’ll feel tempted to snack on things that aren’t great for your health.
Here’s a list of foods to cut out of your diet:
- Processed Foods
- Empty-calorie Foods
- Junk Food
- Added Sugar
- Fast Food
- Artificial Ingredients
JK Simmons Diet Tips
- Eating modest, healthy meals every 3 hours will help you maintain a healthy weight.
- It’s fine to have some of your favorite meals occasionally, but don’t go crazy.
- To achieve your nutrient requirements, add low-fat proteins and veggies to your diet.
- Weight gain and inflammation can result from consuming too many carbohydrates, so stick to a low-carb diet.
JK Simmons Supplements
Simmons has experts create special diet plans for him. By pushing himself to his limits and going above and beyond, he always achieves excellent results.
The actor’s trainers make sure that he takes his vitamins and takes them at the right times. Omega-3 fatty acids, creatine, multivitamins, and whey protein, are only a few of the dietary supplements JK Simmons preferred over time.
The benefits of these supplements as well as how they improve your health are summarized here:
The omega-3s supplement contains the vital fatty acids that the body needs to work well. It helps improve brain health and mood. It also boosts heart health and lowers the chance of getting heart disease.
These give the body important nutrients that improve the health of the brain, skin, bones, and the body as a whole.
- Whey protein:
Whey protein aids in accelerating metabolism and cutting down on cravings. This helps people shred their weight and build muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long has JK Simmons been working out?
JK Simmons has been working out regularly for over 15 years.
What are some of JK Simmons’ favorite exercises?
Some of JK Simmons’ favorite exercises include flat dumbbell press, machine chest press, rope cable tricep pressdowns, deadlifts, and squats.
What is JK Simmons’ workout philosophy?
JK Simmons believes that consistency is key when it comes to working out. He’s also of the opinion that everyone who puts in the effort may become physically fit.
Even though the JK Simmons workout routine is intense, it is something that regular people can do. You do not have to be a movie star or anything like that.
Just be consistent and dedicated, and you will see results. Remember to stay motivated, and the best motivation is yourself.
If JK Simmons could do it, then so can you. Just stay dedicated and committed, and you will achieve your fitness goals.